Money Forward

This blog is about money and trying to keep my money from flying out the window.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sharebuilder...

For some reason I decided this morning to open a ShareBuilder account. I'm not exactly sure why, considering I have basically no money to invest. It may have to do with the lack of sleep caused by the upstairs neighbors, or to really busy week. I even transferred money, but I guess I will at least get $50 promotional money, which I could invest. After all, it's not like it's coming out of my bank account. I should find out if my money gains interest while sitting there without me buying stocks. That would be good to know.

Anyway, I now have a ShareBuilder account that I really don't know what to do with. Maybe I'll finally try one of those free 30 day trials at the Motley Fool. I've been wanting to do that, but without money to invest, I've had no reason.

Ah! I'm such an idiot. I was thinking the other day about trying to see how much money I can make off of free money. My initial idea was to use credit card balance transfers, except I applied for a card and got rejected basically (not because of bad credit but because I just moved and so they're questioning where I live and I don't have utility bills to send them to prove that at the moment). So I thought that was a no go for a while, but I can just start off with this $50. It will take a lot longer to gain any decent amount without large chunks of free money, although that may be solved by a recent credit card offer that was received in the mail yesterday.

So I guess my new thoughts will be on to see how much I can make from free money. excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home