Money Forward

This blog is about money and trying to keep my money from flying out the window.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Networth

As you can see on the right, I've put up our networth... a wonderful -$1,966. It really could be worse, so I'm not too worried. A huge amount of the debt we have is from the student loans my fiance is using through this summer. A lot of that won't be doing anything for a while. I did not include credit card debt on one car because it's the card I use for everyday expenses and bills (a miles card), so it's paid off every month anyway. I also did not include our checking account because that is usually emptied every month because of our expenses. I plan on putting a buffer in there at some point, but for now it is what it is. Also for expenses, I added my fiance's engagement ring and her harp, since both are valuable and have to be insured separately. I'm not sure of the actual prices, but it is a good estimate. I will find out more when we change insurance in a few weeks.

So that's the starting point.

On a side note, having the new neighbors upstairs moving in at 11 pm last night with they're loudness and vacuuming has gotten my fiance to really want a house. I'm not sure how we can really start saving for one now, but the thoughts are there.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Revanche said…

    Just hearing the apartment horror stories makes me want to save for a house NOW. I'm spoiled because when I was younger, we were next door neighbors to family in our apartment building and it was a single story building, not the complexes that are more common now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home