Money Forward

This blog is about money and trying to keep my money from flying out the window.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Plug-in Hybrids

This is a decent article on Yahoo! from Forbes Auto about plug-in hybrids. I read something a few months ago about how there's a company in Italy that will take a Mini Cooper, cut it and expand it, and make it into a plug-in hybrid (the whole things costs like $60k). I think it's all a great idea, they just need to make it cheaper. If I could get an Escape Plug-in hybrid for $25k, I would probably do it.

Also about batteries, they're doing research into how to make an "instant charge" battery. Using the idea of appliances where you charge a battery instantly to use it. They just haven't figured out how to make it work for larger things, and for longer periods. But if they did, imagine the money that could be saved when you don't have to take hours to charge something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home