Money Forward

This blog is about money and trying to keep my money from flying out the window.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Is there ever good timing?

It seems like everything comes at a bad time. I guess the real reason is we usually only think of things happening in the negative, rather than the positive. The wonderful day is quickly overshadowed by the bad day.

My soon-to-be wife went to the dentist this morning and although usually she has excellent teeth and she never has trouble, today was different. She has a filling that's cracking the tooth and so it has to be replaced. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, except they want to do it after the wedding and honeymoon, which is exactly when she no longer has dental insurance. I wish she could have done it today. Now this adds to the growing list of expenses over the next few weeks... honeymoon food, car rental, one night for the hotel after the wedding, tuition, books, the week of unpaid vacation, and now the dentist. Add that to the smaller paycheck I'll be getting next year and... woohoo.

(Well it can't be all bad.. I just looked behind me out my window and it's snowing! excellent.)

2 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Maria said…

    No, not really. I got pregnant 18 months into our marriage and 5 months after I decided that we didnt need insurance since I had it for 12 years before and nothing had happened!
    Thank goodness his insurance kicked in 6 weeks before the baby was due!
    Maybe you could make payment arrangements?

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger MoneyFwd said…

    I think we're just going to pay it outright.. we do have the money to cover it and it shouldn't be more than $150 or so (I hope).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home