Money Forward

This blog is about money and trying to keep my money from flying out the window.

Friday, December 15, 2006

The Money Rollercoaster

Whenever I make a deposit into my savings account and see how much money I have, I always get excited. I think I just like to see my amount of spare money increase, especially when I know that I will soon have a lot of expenses, and that I can't really squeeze out much savings. Other the other side, when I see my account being low or having to take money out, even if it's a necessity, I'm always a little sad.

I don't think I'm obsessed with money. It's necessary, and I want more, but I can't live my life obsessing about money. But I think when you add and take away from savings it's a feeling of success or failure. You are happy when it increases because you're moving up, but when you take it out, you feel liek you're going backwards. It's an odd feeling, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Maria said…

    I'm like that too. I'm what they call an anorexic spender. I have a post on it. It has to do with your relationship with money.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think everyone likes seeing their savings account go up in value. And there is nothing wrong with wanting to have more money; I know some people would think it's greedy but in all reality our society is very consumer based, we need to have money in order to be able to live our lives and have not only the things we need but also some of the luxiuries that we want.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger MoneyFwd said…

    Matt, I agree. People think it's greedy to have a lot of extra money, or stingy when you don't want to spend ridiculously on petty things. Then again, a lot of those people are barely surviving financially.

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Revanche said…

    I wonder how many people label others stingy because otherwise, they feel bad about their own purchases? I call those "stingy" people my budget-friendly friends :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home