Money Forward

This blog is about money and trying to keep my money from flying out the window.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Open Enrollment update

In an earlier post I talked about how I needed to sign up for health insurance, and how to add my soon-to-be wife to it, and how everything would work out.

Anyway, I found out that even though it's for 5 days, the policy is the policy, so I have to fill out the form for myself and submit it. Then I need to fill out another form and bring it in on January 2nd (after the wedding) to show that we're married. I'm taking the day off for obvious reasons, so it's kind of annoying that I have to come in to do that. But it must be done.

I've been told that my fiance will be covered retroactively once we're married. I'm not sure I can accept this. But they insist. So if she isn't then that one day (new years day) she will not be covered, but she should be. It's not that great of a day since a lot is going on with parties and all of that. I'm paranoid sometimes though and I want to make sure it all will be fine.. and I don't trust people which is why I don't accept what they say. Yet they know better than I. Just have to go with it I guess.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the links of the hybrid kit stuff. Though expensive, it sounds very interesting. :)

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger Revanche said…

    You're like my manager - he doesn't trust anyone to do things right either and we're about 50/50 right now. :) It's not a bad thing when it comes to really important issues like making sure your wife is taken care of.

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger MoneyFwd said…

    I just like things to be done right and I want to have confidence that they are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home