Money Forward

This blog is about money and trying to keep my money from flying out the window.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Start of my free money making experiment

I've decided to start this even though I have not received the funds I need to actually start it. Yes, basically I'm cheating. But this is only for the beginning and the original amounts will be compensated for in a future transfer (basically I'll pay myself back and it will be like I never cheated at all). It's really just a head start.

Anyway, the first order of business was to open a ShareBuilder account. The main reason is because of the promotions they offer. I transferred $200, made one stupid mistake trade (losing an unnecessary $11.95), and then some other trades. I then used a promotion code to get $50 free. This money will take a few weeks to be credited to my account, but that's ok. So as of market closing yesterday my account is worth $181.44. Add the $50 and it's worth $231.44. So far I've made $31.44. Not bad for being a week or so in. Once some balance transfer stuff gets worked out, I'll be on my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home