Money Forward

This blog is about money and trying to keep my money from flying out the window.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Open Enrollment time.. possibly?

I'm pretty confused with the open enrollment period at my new job. I've been here now over 2 months and so I did all of my benefits when I came in. Usually open enrollment seems to be in November, but not here. I only just received the forms today, and I'm not fully sure if everything is there.

The main new thing is that they're changing health insurance. It's a small company so we only have one choice. I signed up for that choice when I entered and now they're changing to the provider I had before. It's about the same price so nothing really changes much. It just gets confusing because I was told a few weeks ago that I could put my fiance on all of the forms since we'll be married when the new plan goes into affect (Jan. 1st). But now they want to get a special deal so the new plan goes into affect December 25th. But I won't be married yet, so I can't have my fiance on that insurance for that week, which isn't a big deal because she has her own insurance until January 1st. But I then don't want to have to fill out all new forms days after the new plan goes into affected to change it. Seems like a nuisance.

So I'm still figuring it all out. I'm also thinking about the FSA.. but I don't know if that's the best choice because we're probably going to switch plans once the wife gets a new job in september. I just want this to be as little of a hassle as possible, but I don't think that will happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home