Money Forward

This blog is about money and trying to keep my money from flying out the window.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Someone hit my car, what would you do?



The parking lot I park in at work is a long, narrow area with parking spaces on both sides. Sometimes it takes more than a three point turn to get out of a spot. Since the snow last week, the lot has been more narrow and so parking has been more of a pain, and so I've been backing up into a spot everyday so it's easier to get out. Yesterday I left one space next to me and someone else decided to back up there car into the spot, and into my car. There wasn't too much damage, just a dent near the front wheel well, and some scrapes on the side. The person was at least nice enough to leave a note and a phone number to call her.
My car is pretty old (not as old as the one in the above picture, which is not my car, source: http://www.whnet.com/4x4/), and so it really isn't worth it to spend the money and time fixing it up. The frame and everything else is fine, it's just another dent. But I couldn't let it just slide by either. So I called the number, and set a price and the person agreed to pay. It's easier that way. I probably could have gotten more, but the person left their number and you have to respect that a bit, and I don't feel like dealing with mechanics or anyone else.
Should I have asked for more or gone to a mechanic? I don't know.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home