Money Forward

This blog is about money and trying to keep my money from flying out the window.

Friday, April 06, 2007

I want a sailboat

I've wanted a sailboat for so long, but I of course want one that is way too expensive at this time. But it is something my wife and I are working towards, even though they're money holes. I don't want to have to deal with renting a boat, or having to return it on time, or anything like that. Even if it's more expensive and more work, having the freedom to go sailing whenever I want would be great.

Since we like to sail, I've looked at several companies online that have private sailing charters. I've found one in Maine which looks really nice, although Maine can be cold. For an alternative, there are private sailing charters all over the place, Hawaii, Caribbean, etc. This one I found is from the U.S. Virgin Islands, St. Thomas Sailing Charter. They offer day cruises, you can go for a whole vacation, everything. It's like being on a luxury RV, but in the water where you don't have to go where the road takes you and you can explore a lot of different areas that you could never get to any other way. They also have dinner cruises, which is probably the only cruise we could afford. Full gourmet dinner, drinking, sailing at sunset. It sounds pretty awesome to me. Someday if we could afford it, I think it would be a great vacation, at least until I decide to get my own boat.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home