Money Forward

This blog is about money and trying to keep my money from flying out the window.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Update on stock games

As I've mentioned I'm playing two stock games online at the moment. One I've done decent in, and the other I got screwed by the system, so I've given up.

First, CNBC's Million Dollar Challenge, as of what is says now:
Value: $1,199,441.27
Rank: 17799
Percentile: top 4%

Best I've been is top 3%. I don't plan on winning this, I just don't have the knowledge or the time to sift through stocks to find the ones that will jump 20% at a time. The top people have over $2,000,000 which is a lot more than I can make I think. But considering my place, I've done fairly well.

For eFIPO's Stock Game, I've given up. I owned a stock that was giving a $15 dividend, and although the program says that they count dividends, it never went through. after the dividend, of course the stock lost $15, (and then went up like $3), but at that point I was down almost 60%. I can't get that back without a lot of work and since the system obviously doesn't work correctly, I'm not going to waste my time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home